Question Asus post code a2 Need Help!

Jul 16, 2021
Hi, so I just added a waterblock and reservoir to my system, now I can't boot correctly. I can get a display and get into the bios, but only for a few seconds, then the screen goes black. Post code is a2 so I've tried checking all the drives and nothing is wrong. I've cleared the cmos and reset bios several times. I can get to windows using integrated graphics.
Specs are:
I9 9900k
Evga 3090 ftw3
Maximus xi hero
32gb trident z rgb ram

Hi, so I just added a waterblock and reservoir to my system, now I can't boot correctly. I can get a display and get into the bios, but only for a few seconds, then the screen goes black. Post code is a2 so I've tried checking all the drives and nothing is wrong. I've cleared the cmos and reset bios several times. I can get to windows using integrated graphics.
Specs are:
I9 9900k
Evga 3090 ftw3
Maximus xi hero
32gb trident z rgb ram
So you are only having a issue when you use the gpu?

Jul 16, 2021
Yes. My working theory is that it's the pcie riser, but it's just weird how I can get it to the boot screen and bios, but only for a few seconds. So I don't think the gpu itself is messed up.

Jul 16, 2021
Can you post a link to the riser cable your using it's almost a promise it's the riser it's been proven there are to many faulty ones out there that cause so many issues
It's just the default thermaltake one that came with my case. I'll grab a new one on the way home from work and hope that does the trick.