Question Asus power supply

Jun 17, 2019
Hello! I am a computer enthusiast and i wanted to give my dad an uprade from his core 2 duo pc. I bought an asus P9X79 Deluxe and an I7 4820K. Later i found out the i7 is broken, i now have an 100% working i7 3820 but it still is faulty( postcode 00 ). I belive the motherboard is fine , and the processor is fine as well, and the psu might be the one to blame . He has an asus a-55-ga psu ( 550w max) ad i have the option of lending a corsair CX500 . Any ideas are welcome

Hello! I am a computer enthusiast and i wanted to give my dad an uprade from his core 2 duo pc. I bought an asus P9X79 Deluxe and an I7 4820K. Later i found out the i7 is broken, i now have an 100% working i7 3820 but it still is faulty( postcode 00 ). I belive the motherboard is fine , and the processor is fine as well, and the psu might be the one to blame . He has an asus a-55-ga psu ( 550w max) ad i have the option of lending a corsair CX500 . Any ideas are welcome

Yeah. Asus power supplies, unless they're aftermarket made by Seasonic (which yours is not) are very not good.

Try the Corsair.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Jun 17, 2019
I also sent it to a repair shop but the guy told me its the cpu , not the motherboard . I gave him my 4820K (that was faulty) and the motherboard so i dont blame him for not finding aboutt the motherboard being faulty as well. At the begging i was using 2400 Mhz ram from Kingston but i switched it as i later found it isnt supported in the memory compatibility list. Now i have some corsair memory sticks that make 6 GB in total (2x3). I will now try another PSU , Thermaltake 730W
The CX label is green. How do i check for LN2 switch?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I also sent it to a repair shop but the guy told me its the cpu , not the motherboard . I gave him my 4820K (that was faulty) and the motherboard so i dont blame him for not finding aboutt the motherboard being faulty as well. At the begging i was using 2400 Mhz ram from Kingston but i switched it as i later found it isnt supported in the memory compatibility list. Now i have some corsair memory sticks that make 6 GB in total (2x3). I will now try another PSU , Thermaltake 730W
Which thermal take? There are some awful ones, like the Smart series.

Jun 17, 2019
Yup. Its the smart series. It says Smart SE 730W 87% efficency. It also is semi-modular. I was just inspectinc the motherboard and i saw something weird , like a bent cpu pin. I dont know for sure so i tried my best in taking some photos . How do i put them in the thread?

Jun 17, 2019
Tommorow im going to the local repair shop. Going to talk to the guy to try and fix the pin, as im too scared to try it myself and all ive heard about bent pins are horror stories. There also might be a bios problem. Its complicated. Long story short, i sent the motherboard to another repair shop but i think he might of fcked up the bios while trying to change it. Before i gave it to him the motherboard had postcode 00 now i get a boot loop.