asus power surge and usb device over current

valhallarising

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
Hi i just built a system that seems to work good but trying to come back after computer goes to sleep i cant Wake it by pressing mouse or keyboard so after shutting computer off and back on i got Power surge detected and today i got usb over current detected this has only happend after waking computer from sleep. after getting the usb over current message i plugged the wireless usb mouse out and back in and problem was gone.
can these be false reports from a over sensitive bios ? i hear the Power surge message is very common as a false report on asus motherboards

valhallarising

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
hi, yeah im kind of suspectingthe psy myself i have been using it in Another computer though so im not sure i got two other psus som im going to try them out and see what happens. i also read that asus claimed that that error message is not uncommon on asus motherboards so im thinking either psu or bios reporting false positive maybe need to update bios, thanks

valhallarising

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
i got evga 500 White been working in a Fujitsu computer earlier without issues but maybe the bios isnt set to check for the problem om that computer, since this problem only happens waking up from sleep im leaning more to some kind of bios problem or could a bad psu cause that ?

valhallarising

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
yeah i will try Another one but im not sure since some says this is because of bios issues but i will try Another psu. its kind of strange though that it only happens after waking from sleep it wont Wake from sleep and after a unclean shutdown the error reports show up for me it seems like it could be bios issues to. thanks

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016

It might well be a BIOS issue, but it would be best to try another PSU so then we can see if the PSU is to fault or not, from what I understand, there is no option to disable the surge protection on the motherboard via the BIOS so the best idea would be to try another PSU, then try to update your BIOS :)

valhallarising

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
yes i did disable the surge error but now i got the usb over current error instead, both happend after waken to sleep though i Think , could it also possibly i chipset driver issue i auto installed that but i got a cd with drivers that came with the motherboard

valhallarising

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
i am hesitant since system is running so stable otherwise, i disabled the usb Power sawing feature for all ports and after that i was able to Wake up from sleep. after that rebooting systems many times i havent got any error for me it seems like it gets triggerd when it wasnt able to Wake from sleep i will still try other psu though.