Question ASUS Power Surge Detection (Even After Being Disabled In BIOS)

May 12, 2019
So I built a small gaming PC several years ago with these specs

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V-LK
RAM: 16gb ddr3 Ripjaw
CPU: i3-3220 LGA1155
HD: 500gb HDD
Graphics: Radeon HD 6850
PSU: Roswell Green Series Single 12v 80PLUS Certified

It has always done this surge and used to bring up a message stating why it surged and it used to say ASUS detected a power surge from the PSU, so after finding out that ASUS MOBO'S are WAY too touchy with this problem. I disabled the anti-surge feature through the BIOS.

Still, it will reboot by itself at any random given time. Mainly on startup, it usually does it twice within 30 seconds of the first and 2nd boot and then after that, it may take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to 6 hours to do it again. Can anybody confirm this problem or even a solution to it? If I have to buy a new PSU to fix this I will but I don't want to buy it and it unless I know it's going to fix it.

Rosewill products ship with a 1-year warranty for parts, unless otherwise noted in the product literature.
  • Warranty only applies to defects in materials and/or workmanship, which occur during normal use.
Since 1 year is such a short warranty, you may want to pay attention to the warranty period on your next one. Short 1 year warranties give you a clue about how good the quality is.

Reactions: MisterKush