Asus Previews Latest P7P55D Evo Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
My only concern is that those VRAM sinks will get in the way of 3rd party HSF's but other then that it's shapeing up to be a nice board.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
looks nice. any word on SLI/CF support? The board layout suits it nicely. And not having a northbridge anymore gives so much more room around the board

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
What I want to know is why they are going with no QPI bus and, therefore, no northbridge.
But I do like the idea of going back to dual channel memory. Triple channel seemed excessive to me.
Still I am skeptic, I don't see how this is going to be much different from the C2 series aside from DDR3. Guess we will find out soon enough.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]looks nice. any word on SLI/CF support? The board layout suits it nicely. And not having a northbridge anymore gives so much more room around the board[/citation]
Crossfire will be supported no word on SLI.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]Me. I tested it with two GTX 280s and it works ;-)[/citation]
Ummm OK. I hope your joking cause if you aren't that means you work for ASUS and you just let the cat out of the bag and will likely be fired when you show up to work today. Not flaming I just don't want anyone getting all excited over nothing.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hellraiser06[/nom]Cangelini is actually the author that wrote this particular article. He works for Tom's and not for ASUS...lol...[/citation]
Oh ok LOL, I didn't know that. If I had I probably wouldn't have sounded so serious. I just left work after being there since monday morning. So I'm a little cookoo.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
FINALLY a mainstream INTEL chipset that can run SLI. I think the planets must be aligning or something....now people will be able to OC AND have SLI (without the considerable price of adaption for Core i7 - not that I'm complaining, I already got it haha).

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
After days of looking DFI and Gigabyte motherboards, GOD that motherboard is a sight for sore eyes. Nice, cool looking color scheme that'll impress even the people that don't understand why the motherboard exists.

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
OK - finally the retards who kept putting parallel and serial ports and all the other legacy crap on motherboards have died. What is the fking deal about PS2 mouse and keyboard ports? Why can't they stop putting them on MBs?

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
OK - finally the retards who kept putting parallel and serial ports and all the other legacy crap on motherboards have died. What is the fking deal about PS2 mouse and keyboard ports? Why can't they stop putting them on MBs?

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I love how the mobo looks, but as a previous poster said, those heatsinks might get in the way of 3rd party cooling. It looks like they are using the new super high quality capacitors.

Funny story: My client has a virtualy unlimited budget. He has processor intensive mission critical software that he runs, and is coming from an old P4.

Funny thing is, he couldn't get one. No built in parallel port. He needed an on-logic parallel interface for the software key to run that mission critical software. Had to 'settle' for a C2Q (I know, so sad).

So the loss of one of the bridge chips is great, except it has some drawbacks.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
I wish to have a mother capable of taking energy from 2 cheap power sources, to save on the expensive one.

Such mobo would value at least 50$ more.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]marraco[/nom]I wish to have a mother capable of taking energy from 2 cheap power sources, to save on the expensive one.Such mobo would value at least 50$ more.[/citation]

That is an innovative and interesting idea. Kudos.

Macpod

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
[citation][nom]truerock[/nom]OK - finally the retards who kept putting parallel and serial ports and all the other legacy crap on motherboards have died. What is the fking deal about PS2 mouse and keyboard ports? Why can't they stop putting them on MBs?[/citation]

Because most companies I've worked for lock their USB ports so you cant use USB peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS