News Asus' Pricey, Proprietary Mobile RTX 4090 eGPU Arrives, for $1,999

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I don't fully understand the point of the XG Mobile. It's limited to supporting only the Flow models and doesn't allow you to put your own GPU in. I think it would make a lot more sense if you could install your own GPU and the connector was added to more laptop models. As is, you have to buy an overpriced Flow laptop and then the proprietary dock too. Seems like the pricing is all wrong for this ecosystem to catch on.

Asus also released the Flow x16 4070 model to the US today at $2699.99. I'd love to have one to do Blender stuff on the go, but that price is too steep. Hopefully the 4060 version doesn't list overpriced too once it's available...especially given all the problems people have been reporting with last year's version!

Trident1983

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
I don't fully understand the point of the XG Mobile. It's limited to supporting only the Flow models and doesn't allow you to put your own GPU in. I think it would make a lot more sense if you could install your own GPU and the connector was added to more laptop models. As is, you have to buy an overpriced Flow laptop and then the proprietary dock too. Seems like the pricing is all wrong for this ecosystem to catch on.

Asus also released the Flow x16 4070 model to the US today at $2699.99. I'd love to have one to do Blender stuff on the go, but that price is too steep. Hopefully the 4060 version doesn't list overpriced too once it's available...especially given all the problems people have been reporting with last year's version!
Asus ROG ally. It needs it for 4k and 8k tv screens at 60hz running games on max settings.