[SOLVED] Asus prime 320m-k only has 4pin cpu power connection would it be enough for a ryzen 7 3700x?

Adrian_2

Honorable
Sep 3, 2015
Asus prime 320m-k only has a 4pin CPU power connection on board would it be enough to power a Ryzen 7 3700x or would I be losing out on performance? I'm not gonna overclock .

Solution
It might work, but wouldn't be ideal.

I tried to check the motherboards manufacturer site for CPU support and information about the BIOS revision required for said support if it exists. IDK if something is going on with the site or my ability to search it....
With that said would check that first.

Even if this does power on and operate at base load, you will have to consider power delivery for what is a higher end CPU for AMD. A chipsets have much lesser in mind, regardless of actually being able to power on.
Asus prime 320m-k only has a 4pin CPU power connection on board would it be enough to power a Ryzen 7 3700x or would I be losing out on performance? I'm not gonna overclock .
The CPU 4 pin should handle 144W (7-8A per ground/power pair * 2 pairs * 12V). A 3700X won't draw that much unless overclocked and cooled by liquid nitrogen, even accounting for VRM efficiency.

It will work just fine.

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It might work, but wouldn't be ideal.

I tried to check the motherboards manufacturer site for CPU support and information about the BIOS revision required for said support if it exists. IDK if something is going on with the site or my ability to search it....
With that said would check that first.

Even if this does power on and operate at base load, you will have to consider power delivery for what is a higher end CPU for AMD. A chipsets have much lesser in mind, regardless of actually being able to power on.

Solution