[SOLVED] ASUS PRIME A320I-K/CSM Compatibility

Solution
Thanks for the response.
The B450M DS3H is micro-atx, so unfortunately that one is out of the question because I need a mini-itx board, which is hard to find cheap.

Well in that case, you should get the Asus board and test if it POSTS with the 1600AF... if not, take it to a computer shop and tell them to update it for you.

EDIT: if you really want to avoid updating the BIOS you can go for the Gigabyte B450I Aorus Pro... it's 30 AUD more expensive than the Asus though. For that price premium you'll get more features, ports and overclocking capabilities.
It might not be since out of the box the board might have the 0216 BIOS version(it is the first version), unless the board was updated before.... the 1600AF requires the 1805 BIOS update.

If you want compatibility out of the box with the 1600AF, Gigabyte B450 boards will usually support it from the get go.

A really cheap board would be the Gigabyte B450M DS3H... it has support for the 1600AF from the F1 which is basically the first version of that BIOS, so it won't need a BIOS update.

sti16

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
It might not be since out of the box the board might have the 0216 BIOS version(it is the first version), unless the board was updated before.... the 1600AF requires the 1805 BIOS update.

If you want compatibility out of the box with the 1600AF, Gigabyte B450 boards will usually support it from the get go.

A really cheap board would be the Gigabyte B450M DS3H... it has support for the 1600AF from the F1 which is basically the firat version of that BIOS, so it won't need a BIOS update.

Thanks for the response.
The B450M DS3H is micro-atx, so unfortunately that one is out of the question because I need a mini-itx board, which is hard to find cheap.

Thanks for the response.

Well in that case, you should get the Asus board and test if it POSTS with the 1600AF... if not, take it to a computer shop and tell them to update it for you.

EDIT: if you really want to avoid updating the BIOS you can go for the Gigabyte B450I Aorus Pro... it's 30 AUD more expensive than the Asus though. For that price premium you'll get more features, ports and overclocking capabilities.

Last edited:
Solution