[SOLVED] Asus Prime A320M-K problem

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi so i have a problem at the moment i just gave my cousin my old Asus Prime A320M motherboard and he installed a Ryzen 3 1200 in the system with a GTX 1050 Ti and the issue i am having at the moment is the audio (which i have no idea where to ask this anyways) and the thing is when i installed for him the audio drivers on from the Asus site the Realtek HD Audio driver folder is in the Program Files folder but it isn't showing in the sounds and the device manager in which i have no idea what the problem might be since i have uninstalled it (cause it shows in programs and features) and installed older versions of it which still doesn't work but for some reason in the Device Manager for audio it is showing Nvidia instead so if anyone has had this problem before could you help me out and thank you very much.

Solution
If you installed the audio drivers included with the GeForce driver package, that will have become the default audio device in place of the Realtek one, the result being that the Realtek device (and any speakers connected it to it) won't work. What I did was completely uninstall the GeForce driver package, then when reinstalling it I chose custom install and made sure to untick the audio drivers before continuing. The Realtek audio device then became active again.
If you installed the audio drivers included with the GeForce driver package, that will have become the default audio device in place of the Realtek one, the result being that the Realtek device (and any speakers connected it to it) won't work. What I did was completely uninstall the GeForce driver package, then when reinstalling it I chose custom install and made sure to untick the audio drivers before continuing. The Realtek audio device then became active again.

Solution