[SOLVED] Asus Prime B-450 Plus problems with two RAM banks

Aug 23, 2021
Hi,
I have a PC configured in this way:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Scheda Madre: Asus Prime B-450 Plus
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB).

I opened my case and removed the CPU fan and the CPU in order to put the thermal between CPU and fan.

After that, I installed CPU and CPU fan again but I have problem with the RAM. I can start the system with only one RAM bank at time.

I put the RAM in A2 and B2 slots as reported in motherboard user manual, but when I turn on the PC I receive one long and two shorts beeps.

If I remove one RAM bank the PC starts.

I tried to startup the system first using one bank and after that using the other bank and I have no problems (also installing the single bank on different slot).

When I put two banks, changing the slots for test, I receive always the beeps.

My RAM is the Fury Hyper X kit.

I reset the BIOS but I have the same problem.

I upgraded the BIOS to version 3205 but the problem is not solved.

Before opening the PC the RAM worked, but I changed nothing about this.

Waht can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Bye.

Hi,
I have a PC configured in this way:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Scheda Madre: Asus Prime B-450 Plus
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB).

I opened my case and removed the CPU fan and the CPU in order to put the thermal between CPU and fan.

After that, I installed CPU and CPU fan again but I have problem with the RAM. I can start the system with only one RAM bank at time.

I put the RAM in A2 and B2 slots as reported in motherboard user manual, but when I turn on the PC I receive one long and two shorts beeps.

If I remove one RAM bank the PC starts.

I tried to startup the system first using one bank and after that using the other bank and I have no problems (also installing the single bank on different slot).

When I put two banks, changing the slots for test, I receive always the beeps.

My RAM is the Fury Hyper X kit.

I reset the BIOS but I have the same problem.

I upgraded the BIOS to version 3205 but the problem is not solved.

Before opening the PC the RAM worked, but I changed nothing about this.

Waht can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Bye.
Did you make sure the cpu was seated right if one of the pins is out of alignment or broken off the cpu this will cause a issue

Reactions: drea.drechsler