Asus PRIME B350M-K SATA controller driver??

mightmaster92

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Hello, so .. is there one? Or am i left with 'Standard SATA AHCI Controller'?

Also, i've just installed new MB, am i supposed to do anything in BIOS?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Windows will automatically find the SATA driver. Unless you are running RAID, you should be fine.
In BIOS, you only have to be sure the C: drive is set as the 1st HDD (if you have more than one), and that it is selected as the 1st boot device (unless you want a optical drive or flash drive to try to boot before the C: drive.
Most modern boards come with all the proper settings as default; like SATA mode set to AHCI.

Of course, if this is a replacement board for a previous board, you will probably have to re-install Windows.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Since it sounds like you are using the old Win10 install on the drive from the old board...
If your new board is quite different from the previous board that the Win10 installment was based on, it would be a good idea to run something like CCleaner to clean up junk files, Registry errors, program conflicts, and the like left over from the old build.

on your mb cd or from amd/intel depending on the chipset that is used. you download the intel chipset drivers inf for the intel mb. for amd go to drivers chipset ryzen and download the mb drivers for the 350 chipset.