[SOLVED] Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM for ryzen 5 1600af

Solution
Hi. It's my first time building a PC. Is there a way to check my motherboard bios version without entering bios? Like can it found written somewhere in the box or manuals or something? 😂 I got all my parts ready except for the processor and I'm considering if I should buy Ryzen 5 1600 AF or not.
Is the board installed and operating? Several motherboard utilities you can run, CPU-z or HWinfo for instance, look on Mainboard or Motherboard section for BIOS version info.

If not installed you can often get the info from the board serial number sequence but it may be encoded. I'd go to the Asus web site and look for information there. Maybe contact their tech support to ask a question with your serial number.

BTW...if you can find...
Hi. It's my first time building a PC. Is there a way to check my motherboard bios version without entering bios? Like can it found written somewhere in the box or manuals or something? 😂 I got all my parts ready except for the processor and I'm considering if I should buy Ryzen 5 1600 AF or not.
Is the board installed and operating? Several motherboard utilities you can run, CPU-z or HWinfo for instance, look on Mainboard or Motherboard section for BIOS version info.

If not installed you can often get the info from the board serial number sequence but it may be encoded. I'd go to the Asus web site and look for information there. Maybe contact their tech support to ask a question with your serial number.

BTW...if you can find a 1600AF only go for it if you're getting the $85 list price. Otherwise you going to get scammed by gray market and a 3300 CPU might be your better choice, or even just getting a 2600.

3300 will also have the BIOS problem to worry about, but 2600 should work out-of-the-box for any version of BIOS as it's a B450.

Solution