[SOLVED] Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard Compatibility

OmahaMax

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
I keep getting a warning on PC Partpicker that the referenced motherboard may not be compatible with an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G cpu, i.e., motherboard may require a bios update. If this is a problem, how would I do a work-around?

Solution
It is an absolute minefield out there for compatibility with B450 motherboards and 3rd gen ryzens.Unless it has the ''Ryzen 3000 ready'' sticker on it or one of the MSI MAX range boards,you're always going to run the risk of the two not running together without the need of the BIOS update. Im building a similar mini itx system for my daughter using a 3400G and it took me forever to find a board. I finally found a Asrock Fatal1ty B450 itx/ac that was advertised as ''ryzen 3000 ready.'' Good luck!
It is an absolute minefield out there for compatibility with B450 motherboards and 3rd gen ryzens.Unless it has the ''Ryzen 3000 ready'' sticker on it or one of the MSI MAX range boards,you're always going to run the risk of the two not running together without the need of the BIOS update. Im building a similar mini itx system for my daughter using a 3400G and it took me forever to find a board. I finally found a Asrock Fatal1ty B450 itx/ac that was advertised as ''ryzen 3000 ready.'' Good luck!

Solution

OmahaMax

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
I just found an Asus board on Amazon that says it's "3rd/2nd/1st Gen Ryzen" ready. So, I'm hoping this will work.