[SOLVED] Asus Prime B450M Gaming/BR - No Ethernet Adapter

Archwell

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Hi! Thanks for coming here to help.

I'm having trouble with my Asus Prime B450M Gaming/BR. The motherboard isn't recognizing the ethernet cable, it says that the cable isn't plugged.
8AB6aNE.png

I've tried the same cable with another computer and it's working perfectly. I've also installed the Ethernet controller from the manufacturer's site, without success. Is there a way to enable it? What is the problem?

Thank you once again.

Solution

I'm having trouble with my Asus Prime B450M Gaming/BR. The motherboard isn't recognizing the ethernet cable, it says that the cable isn't plugged.
8AB6aNE.png

I've tried the same cable with another computer and it's working perfectly. I've also installed the Ethernet controller from the manufacturer's site, without success. Is there a way to enable it? What is the problem?

Thank you once again.
Every ethernet port tolerates out-of-spec cables differently. Start by moving the PC close to your router and using a brand new factory made 100% copper cat5e round cable. Verify that you can get it to work in the most basic situation.

kanewolf

Titan

8AB6aNE.png

Thank you once again.
Every ethernet port tolerates out-of-spec cables differently. Start by moving the PC close to your router and using a brand new factory made 100% copper cat5e round cable. Verify that you can get it to work in the most basic situation.

Solution