[SOLVED] Asus Prime B550-Plus versus MSI B550m Pro VDH ?

Sam mainman

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2014
am currently seeking to upgrade my system , and am going with Ryzen CPU's and a B550 motherboard
I was considering to get an Msi B550m Pro Vdh since its around my budget and it has decent VRM's enough for 5600X and the price of this board is within my budget at around 150$ locally
but I recently found a decent looking full ATX board from Asus the Asus prime b550-plus at around 160$ ,for the life of me I couldn't find a single VRM test of this board
so my question is will the Asus board handle better thermals then the MSI one ? and what is the VRM layout for the ASUS board

Last edited:
Solution
am currently seeking to upgrade my system , and am going with Ryzen CPU's and a B550 motherboard
I was considering to get an Msi B550m Pro Vdh since its around my budget and it has decent VRM's enough for 5600X and the price of this board is within my budget at around 150$ locally
but I recently found a decent looking full ATX board from Asus the Asus prime b550-plus at around 160$ ,for the life of me I couldn't find a single VRM test of this board
so my question is will the Asus board handle better thermals then the MSI one ? and what is the VRM layout for the ASUS board

Personally having a B550 Steel Legend, I can only say good things about it. Pretty solid VRMs, I'm running a 16 core on it and the VRMs barely get hot, just...

Personally having a B550 Steel Legend, I can only say good things about it. Pretty solid VRMs, I'm running a 16 core on it and the VRMs barely get hot, just with normal case fans.
I just checked and Newegg has it on sale for 139$ from 179$, pretty good price for this motherboard.

Reactions: Sam mainman
Solution

Sam mainman

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2014
Personally having a B550 Steel Legend, I can only say good things about it. Pretty solid VRMs, I'm running a 16 core on it and the VRMs barely get hot, just with normal case fans.
I just checked and Newegg has it on sale for 139$ from 179$, pretty good price for this motherboard.
thanks for your input, the thing is am in north Africa so buying online is a luxury that I don't have, since the only online store that I know of who sends goods here is Aliexpress and it takes more then a month to arrive and you can't fully trust a Chinese seller to not rip you off, and locally the price of B550 Steel Legend is around 200$ and I couldn't afford that so I ended up buying Msi B550m Pro Vdh and it preforms just tiny bit better then an asrock B550m pro4 and I think it would do .