[SOLVED] ASUS Prime B550-Plus

Mar 14, 2021
Hey everyone. I finally got my build done... and I am actually typing this out on it. it was my first build. I think I did something wrong though. When I hooked up the Wraith cooler that came with the Ryzen 3900X, I used the pins that came with it (4 pin) and hooked it on the board. I cant seem to control the colors anywhere and when i downloaded the software from cooler it said to plug it in...
Apparently I am supposed to switch something, but I am not sure what. I have these other cords- One says USB and has 10 pin with a tiny 3 pin connector, and the other has 4 pin with a tiny connector... but i also have no idea where on the board they would go - could someone help me? sorry.

I was able to control the color of my RAM so I know that the Armoury Crate software works, it has to be how i wired it in.

Solution
The one with USB label on it goes to USB 2.0 header on motherboard (usually at bottom of the motherboard). Other one goes to 4 pin RGB header.
Here’s the Instagram link which will help you installing the connectors.
And also, one of the support page says that you need to install WRAITH PRISM LED CONTROL UTILITY, you can get it from here.

prateek320i

Honorable
Nov 24, 2017
The one with USB label on it goes to USB 2.0 header on motherboard (usually at bottom of the motherboard). Other one goes to 4 pin RGB header.
And also, one of the support page says that you need to install WRAITH PRISM LED CONTROL UTILITY, you can get it from here.

Reactions: JustEppic
Solution
Mar 14, 2021

Omg... I just woke up. TY. I plugged my main line into where the second one goes on the video... so now I have to find where it goes but I have more brain power... this will get me there. Also, my memory says 2666 instead of 3600 for some reason lol

Mar 14, 2021

Got it bro, you rock! Thank you so much. Now I am figuring out some of the other stuff, i am going to make a thread in "systems" i think while i tweak and get everything going. Feel free to come laugh at my dumb butt LOL. Thank you so much!

Reactions: prateek320i