Mar 29, 2023
Hello,

My problem at first concerned my RAM memory. Few days ago I get my new computer with the motherboard from the title, Ryzen 5 7600X processor and 2x8gb RAM DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast 5200mhz. When I first time booted this PC and installed Windows 10, I went to BIOS and I noticed, that my RAM memory is working with 4800 frequency instead of 5200. I tried both DOCP profiles to change this frequency to higher, but after that my system doesn't boot (few times it booted, but when I turn my computer off, and then again on, the RAM frequency was always back to 4800mhz after unsuccesful POST – there was information, that computer turned into a safe mode and I must go to BIOS). For avoid a questions, my RAMs are in 2 and 4 slots.

At this time I decided to leave alone this frequencies for a while. I was playing some games, everything worked just fine, there was no problem at all. After about 2 hours of gaming I shutdown my PC and when I turn it on again, there were so many Blue Screens at the start of the computer – it even doesn't boot Windows, these BSoDs were popping out one by one before booting it, and it was after natural shutting down of my PC with 4800 RAM frequency. The error codes I have seen:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, Ntfs.sys

0xc000021a

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

After this I decided to upgrade my BIOS, I thought, that maybe this is the main problem of this kind of PC working. I installed the newest stable BIOS for this motherboard from official site of ASUS, step by step with their instructions and it was succesful. The BIOS was updated to the newest one. Then the Windows also booted without any blue screens, but it restored to totally default version, I mean it's like formated. At first I started to download all the updates for Windows and when it downloaded I booted again my PC to install them. And now I don't really now what happened – the system was stuck on the preparing screen for a few hours and after that I turned off my PC by a start button (I didn't want to look at this for my entire life). I knew there would be problems with booting Windows after my operation, so I prepared Windows installation setup on my pendrive. Of course Windows didn't start, there was an error code 0xc0000221 I went to BIOS... which was totally bricked and looks like broken. In this moment I surrender, turn off my computer and I don't know what to do next. Thanks for any help, if there's a chance to recover it... I just wanted to set RAM frequencies on declared 5200mhz. Now I have a really big problem.

There are photos of a 0xc0000221 error code in my native polish language and a BIOS menu – View: https://imgur.com/a/I2M4FTz

Last edited:
Turn the psu off at its switch. Then unplug the pc from the outlet. Remove the second stick of ram from motherboard. Then remove the motherboard battery for about five minutes. Then replace the battery, plug the power cord back into outlet and turn on psu. Turn on pc and see if a proper bios screen comes on. Let me know what happens.

Mar 29, 2023
Hello, I'm back with some information.

So, I did what you described me and the BIOS stand up. Everything was okay, default settings everywhere and doesn't look that messy as earlier. Windows after short cleaning also booted. Then with my friend help I recognized, that my RAMs should be putted in the 1 and 2 slot, not 2 and 4 like before. This is an info from official ASUS site – they are single channel, not dual (for my motherboard at least). I putted my second ram into 1 slot, then the graphic card in PCI-E and everything looks good I think. I also select in the BIOS first DOCP profile and system stand up normally without any problems.

Now I will try to test it in some games. Should I still check something? Or just use the PC and observe? And also should I try to update my Windows after the problem which I described with the stuck on preparing screen?

UPDATE: Okay, I see now that in the Windows task manager my memory is 3600mhz, in BIOS it is 5200. Any ideas?
UPDATE 2: In CMD speed of RAM is 4800, I'm a little bit confused now.
UPDATE 3: Okay, now in BIOS is also 3600mhz. It's weird.

UPDATE 4: My fault, still learning – the info on ASUS site about RAM means, that there are support for one or two working RAMs of my type, it doesn't mean the slot I should use, the explain I found in my motherboard instruction, which says RAM memory in dual channel should be putted in 2 and 4 slot. Anyway, I clean installed Windows 11 and at the moment turn everything in bios on auto. At the moment I won't try to turn on DOCP, cause I don't want to repeat all the story. Maybe it will work stable now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
Mar 29, 2023
Okay, I think there is something bad with this PC, I will send it to the shop which from I bought it. After about a day of good working again Windows totally broke, I can't load into it and even can't boot my pendrive with Windows to try repair it. There are so many BSoDs when I try to turn on this computer (and each is different). And I think it's important – when I tried to use "restart computer" option when it works fine for a moment, the PC doesn't want to do it. I have to turn it off by a button and turn on again, then it booted. In my opinion there is something with motherboard or RAMs.