[SOLVED] Asus Prime Pro X570 USB ports not working with my phone ?

Snow Cat123

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Whenever I connect my phone via USB to my PC it only gives it power, no option appears to select file transfer, FTP or whatever on my phone. All 8 or so ports do the same except the two that's paired with the ethernet port. Those 2 constantly connect and disconnect and my phone and windows go absolutely ham. I got a Mi 11 Android with the original cable. It works on other computers so it can't be the cable. Could it be to do with USB 3.2 or it's USB B to C?

Solution
Still might pay to try with a different cable in this PC, just to remove possibility its just some weird incompatibility.

Don't suppose you installed Asus AI charger as its for APple phones, might be conflicting with other but its a stretch.

sounds like a physical connection problem though. Could try a USB hub

Snow Cat123

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
maybe you need this - https://www.xiaomidriversdownload.com/xiaomi-mi-11-usb-driver/ (not sure if this official site)

sounds like its not loading drivers?

Unfortunately I can't install the drivers, unless theirs a different way, but the phone isn't detected in the device manager either. Or if it is, it's not named. But after unplugging the device nothing changes to the hardware list when I press scan for hardware changes.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Got latest bios on motherboard?
latest X570 chipset drivers? https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

strange its like PC just can't see it.

that reaction with the 2 USB ports is odd.

tried connecting cable to PC, and then phone to it - sometimes my S10 doesn't connect properly.

funny when i answered the other question I looked at name and thought, I have seen that somewhere but it didn't click.

Snow Cat123

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Got latest bios on motherboard?
latest X570 chipset drivers? https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

strange its like PC just can't see it.

that reaction with the 2 USB ports is odd.

tried connecting cable to PC, and then phone to it - sometimes my S10 doesn't connect properly.

funny when i answered the other question I looked at name and thought, I have seen that somewhere but it didn't click.
Yeah I've got the latest bios, the phone connects to other pcs/laptops with the same cable :(

Have you tried different cables? I tried with the nice looking cloth wrapped cables my wife got and my phone didn't work either, except for charging. An 'expensive', but ugly, cable from Walmart worked fine for data.
Tried the same cable in a different pc and a laptop and it worked fine :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
Still might pay to try with a different cable in this PC, just to remove possibility its just some weird incompatibility.

Don't suppose you installed Asus AI charger as its for APple phones, might be conflicting with other but its a stretch.

sounds like a physical connection problem though. Could try a USB hub

Last edited:
Solution