[SOLVED] Asus prime trx40 mb on start up warns only one 12v eps connection detected when I have both connected to an 850w psi and the 24 pin mb connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2020
Asus prime trx40 mb on start up warns only one 12v eps connection detected when I have both connected to an 850w psi and the 24 pin mb connection i tried changing the cords thinking it could of been bad wires still says the same warning on startup is this common is it something needed to fixed in bios a bios setting or is it a defective motherboard.. besides the warning on startup the whole build works flawlessly and perfectly fine any suggestions or has anyone else come accross this issue...

Solution
Make sure the EPS cables are seated fully and also connected to the correct ports on the PSU as well.
Sometime people mistakenly use the 8pin GPU cable instead. Hard to fit in but people have managed...

ARK1375

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
If it warns you that the eps is not connected, there is a high chance that this is not a false alarm. I would not recommend you to ignore this warning because if your system goes on a high load, that second eps connection would cause you problems (loads like rendering or gaming).
The standard procedure to fix this is to first clean the connections of the eps cable and the corresponding jack on the mb. Second, check that both 12v eps connections are delivering the correct voltages. You need a psu tester to check for that (there are other ways but I would not recommend them if you're not skilled enough). If the voltages were not correct and if your psu is modular, you need to check the continuity of the eps wires, making sure there is no problem with the wires themselves. If the wires are ok, then the problem is the psu. If all the other things checks out, I'm sad to say that there is probably a problem with the motherboard itself.

Dec 6, 2020
I’ve pushed down all the way and checked numerous times if I remember correctly although I’ll check in the bios now that the connection is in fact receiving the right voltage but not sure I’ll check I’ll try changing the wires again.

inplaned to better organize them anyways

Jan 29, 2021
I have the same board and the same issue, I don't believe he put the wrong cable in his eps connector. I think it's a common issue with these boards. just whether it's a false reading is the question

yes ik the difference between eps and pcie I'm definitely using the correct cable. I'm using an EVGA 1600P2

Reactions: mrmowgli
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS