Question Asus Prime TRX40 Pro suddenly does not recognize ram

Oct 11, 2022
I have an Asus Prime TRC40 Pro motherboard, been using it for a couple of years, Threadripper 3960x CPU. I recently pulled out and cleaned the CPU water block, and in doing so removed the ram.

Now it wont boot, gets error code 07 and the DRAM yellow LED is lit up on the board. and I cant enter BIOS

Things I have tried, flashback with multiple different BIOS versions, trying one stick at a time in each slot, trying the ram from my other PC that used to be in this PC, pulling the CPU and checking for bent pins. Cleaning the slots, pulling the GPU and cleaning the slot, pulling the battery and clearing cmos. cleaning the RAM pins.

The ram is 3600 and was running on the profile for that speed, both sets of RAM are on the supported list of ram and both sets have been working with this MB/CPU before.

I don't know what else to do, any clues?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

cleaning the RAM pins.
Can you elaborate on this?

I'd grab a fine bristle soft painters brush and dust the ram slots on the motherboard. Also, using an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the stick(s) of ram(off of carbon build up), wiping clean of eraser dust/debris might help.

Is your platform breadboarded? Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

CPU_FAN header hooked up? Try a different PCIe slot for your discrete GPU.

Oct 11, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

cleaning the RAM pins.
Can you elaborate on this?

cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and then an electronic contact cleaner and visually inspected them, same for the slots and then compressed air

Is your platform breadboarded? Please list the specs to your build like so:

what is breadboarded?

CPU: threadripper 3960x
Motherboard: asus prime trx40 pro
Ram: gskilz 3600
SSD/HDD: samsung 960 m.2
GPU: evga rtx 2080ti
PSU: corsair 1200w 3 years old
Chassis: ---
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

CPU_FAN header hooked up?
no it isn't, it was disabled in the bios as I was using other fan headers, I will test that tomorrow, good idea, thanks