Question Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II or Gigabyte X299 Designare ex

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Being directed away from AMD Thread ripper 2950x to Intel for a system for Video Editing, Animation, Podcasting, Visual Effects, 3D Animation 3D modelling, CAD, interior Design, Both Rendering/Encoding and designing. So both single and multi thread.

So Premier, After Effects Photoshop, Vectorworks, Solidworks, Rhino, V Ray, Autodesk Inventor, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Softimage, Z Brush, Mudbox, Cinema 4 D, Modo, Autocad, Audtion etc

If going with

A I9 9900x processor
(Not sure if the have Scan UK professionally over clock it or have faster memory as want it stable, logn lasting and warranteed etc.

Quadro RTX 4000 GPU

Samsung Evo 970 Plus 1tb (Operatign system drive)

May get a ssd for use as a scratch drive but most likely later date

A pair of Seagate Barracuda Pro 4tb drives in Raid 1 Mirror Array

Cost wise not sure whether to go with Corasair vengence LPX 3000mhz 32gb RAM to double up at a later date to lower cost now (what is a fast but safe stable seed) or 64gb (trying to keep it around £3500 ish)

and it looks like there is a newer version of Windows 10 64bit Pro with some added features.

But a key decision is what motherboards and the

Asus x299 Prime A Deluxe II and Gigabyte Designare Ex both look good but there seems to be an issue with forced sharing of lanes unlike the threadripper boards.

As said looking for raid and the operating system on the M2 drive.

any advice on this choice please and the build in general...

also what power... I think its down for the 850what Seasonic Focua P;lu 850 watt gold power at present

Lutfij

Titan
DDR4-3200MHz or higher and ofc an SSD for the main OS/app drive. I'd go with the Designare board from Gigabyte or the WS board from Asus. The WS from Asus can be seen under the X299 SAGE or the X299 Pro. You could also look at the MSI X299 MEG Creation.

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Which x299 motherboard should I go for please: -

MSI MEG X299 CREATION or Gigabyte x299 Designare Ex or Asus x299 Prime-A Deluxe II.

For use of software like :

Solidworks, Rhino (and add ons), Vectorworks, Modo, Sketchup, Autocad, Z -brush, Mudbox, Blender, Autodesk Inventer, Alais 3d Studio Max, Maya, Softimage, Premier, After Effects, Nuke with, V-ray, Maxwell render, Keyshot.

So CAD, Modelling, 3d Animation, video effects editing with a mix of single and mutilthread, content creation and rendering/encoding.

Will have other specs :

1. Processor - Intel I9 9900x
  2. RAM - 64gb Corsair vengence LPX Ram.
  3. Cooler - Likely either a Corsair Hydro H100X or noctura cooler
  4. Graphics Card - Quadro rtx 4000 GPU
  5. Operating SSD - Samsung 970 NVO Plus 1 Tb
  6. Storage & Bkup - 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 4tb hardrives in raid 1 mirror array.
  7. Case - Be quiet case 600 or 900 or Corsair 780t.

Any advise on which to get?
I hear the MSi one can add up to 7 M2 cards and comes with a thunderbolt add on card.
What does the Designare motherboard have that the msi does not and how reliable are they all etc please?

Last edited:

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Stick with 1 thread. Don't spam the forum
* Think I accidentally erased this trying to edit it. please get rid of other one if still here.

Which x299x motherboard should I go for please:

• MSI MEG X299 CREATION
  • Gigabyte x299 Designare Ex or
  • Asus x299 Prime-A Deluxe II.

For use of software like :
  • Solidworks
  • Rhino (and add ons)
  • Vectorworks
  • Modo
  • Sketchup
  • Autocad
  • Z -brush
  • Mudbox
  • Blender
  • Autodesk Inventer
  • Autodesk Alais
  • Autodesk 3D Studio Max
  • Autodesk Maya
  • Softimage
  • Adobe Premier
  • Adobe Audition
  • Adobe After Effects
  • Nuke
  • V-ray, Maxwell Render, Keyshot etc Renderwise.

Used for Single and Multi Threaded:

• CAD
  • 3D Modelling
  • 3D Animation
  • Video Effects
  • Editing content creation and
  • Rendering/Encoding.

Custom spec choice should be:

• Processor :- Intel I9 9900x
  • Ram Memory :- 64gb Corsair vengence LPX Ram.
  • Cooler:- Corsair Hydro H100X or noctura cooler
  • Graphics Card:- Quadro rtx 4000 GPU
  • Operating System Drive:- Samsung 970 NVO Plus 1 Tb
  • Storage Drives:- 2 x Seagate Barracuda Pro 4tb hardrives in raid 1 mirror array.
  • Case:- Be quiet! Pure Base 600 BGW20 or
    Fractal Design Define XL R2 or
    Corsair Graphite Series 780T or
    Be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev.2,

Any advise on which to get?

I hear the MSi one can add up to 7 M2 cards and comes with a Thunderbolt add on card but these may use up Pci E Slots

What does the Designare motherboard have that the msi does not and how reliable are they all etc please?