[SOLVED] Asus Prime x470 won’t boot.. help

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I just finished my new PC build with this mobo, but it will not load into the bios The last time I built a PC was 4-5 years ago so I’m a bit rusty on building pc’s. As far as I am aware this mobo supports 2nd gen ryzen CPU’s and I’m running a Ryzen 3 2200G for now, which as far as I’m aware.. has built in Vega 8. So I’m confused as to what exactly is causing my system to not boot.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus Prime x470 Pro
Ballistix Sport 8GB 3000mhz
Kingston 240GB SSD
Corsair CX 550w
NZXT 500i

I’ve taken out the mobo and installed only the RAM, CPU, & Heatsink. I’ve plugged in the 8Pin CPU cable as well as the 24pin. Connected the mobo to my monitor via HDMI, manually powered it on using the screwdriver bridge method. And still nothing. Even tried the ram in different slots. Keep in mind the lights on the mobo work just fine, aswell as the heat sink fan. Could this be a defective mobo? How do I know if this isn’t a CPU issue? Will the mobo load without a CPU installed ?

Side note, not sure if motherboards come with mobo speakers but mine didn’t which is odd because the Manual shows beep codes and what they mean.

Please help

Last edited:
Solution
Tried ram in all sots? Try the second one from the cpu out first. Maybe a part arrived DOA ,if nothing shows might be the motherboard or even cpu. Would try and rma motherboard first or just send both back.

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Tried ram in all sots? Try the second one from the cpu out first. Maybe a part arrived DOA ,if nothing shows might be the motherboard or even cpu. Would try and rma motherboard first or just send both back.
I have a new motherboard coming in within a couple of hours, if this one turns out to have the same issue I’m assuming it will be the CPU. Will RMA the cpu, if still no fix, will try a different stick of ram and my last line of defense will be to rma the PSU

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

Tried the new mobo with the same issue. No boot. Also picked up a mobo speaker and i am getting 1 short beep which indicates everything is fine. Now im waiting on a new PSU