[SOLVED] Asus Prime X570-P not turning on

Davidsin98

Prominent
May 18, 2020
Hello, while I was cleaning my pc from dust I took all the components and cleaned it with 99,9% Isopropyl Alcohol, at one point I dropped my motherboard and it hit the desk mid air. I quickly assembled everything back making sure PSU cables are connected and it doesn't turn on even with its lights on.
Video

Solution
at one point I dropped my motherboard and it hit the desk mid air.
You should detail which part of the board hit your desk, did it eventually hit the ground?

The system lacks ram and a discrete GPU, though I did notice you shorting the other pins which isn't a good thing to do, only short the +ve and -ve terminals for power button. There's also one detail I noticed, you have scratches around the right most, middle screw standoff point on the PCB, looks like the board was put in with brute force.

If I were you, I'd add these:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

and lastly, I'd ask you to breadboard the system, to see if the board is shorting in the chassis.

Lutfij

Titan
at one point I dropped my motherboard and it hit the desk mid air.
You should detail which part of the board hit your desk, did it eventually hit the ground?

The system lacks ram and a discrete GPU, though I did notice you shorting the other pins which isn't a good thing to do, only short the +ve and -ve terminals for power button. There's also one detail I noticed, you have scratches around the right most, middle screw standoff point on the PCB, looks like the board was put in with brute force.

If I were you, I'd add these:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

and lastly, I'd ask you to breadboard the system, to see if the board is shorting in the chassis.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS