Question Asus Prime X570-Pro Bios2606 will it work with Ryzen 5 5600 out of the box?

schlumpf2

Reputable
Apr 23, 2019
So I bought an Asus Prime X570-Pro with Bios version 2606.

This Bios version officially supports the ryzen 5600X but not the 5600.

But isn't it basically the same processor (same architecture) with slightly reduced clock speed?

The mainboard has sadly no flash button and needs a cpu for a bios update.

I have a ryzen 2700x in another computer but don't want to rip it out for a bios update.

Are there users who successfully upgraded their PC with a ryzen 5600 and an older B550/X570 bios?

Thanks

Well, except on this board I guess. That seems incredibly weird however I think I'd first just pop the CPU in and see if you are able to boot up into the BIOS/POST. Just because it's not fully supported with a prior version doesn't mean it won't work at all and you might be able to update to the newer BIOS that way. If it does not POST at all then you'll just have to deal with using the 2700x.

schlumpf2

Reputable
Apr 23, 2019
I think it's because the ryzen 5600 released this year after the 5600X.

I am still hopeful that it will work despite the fact that only later bios versions officially support the ryzen 5600.

Right. "Officially" is the key, but we've seen plenty of CPUs before that worked in a given board that did not have the "official" BIOS version that gave support for that CPU model installed. So, I'd recommend just do this on the bench with a piece of cardboard. Don't even install a cooler or anything.

Just graphics card, memory, CPU and power supply. You may need to at least plug the CPU cooler into the CPU_FAN header though or it may not be willing to POST without an RPM signal off that header. Fire it up and if you have a display and can enter the BIOS then immediately shut it down. Install the cooler, fire it back up and update the BIOS. Then install the whole thing in your case.

TRENDING THREADS