Question ASUS Prime X570-Pro - Green Boot LED, can't access BIOS after setting back to default settings.

Feb 8, 2021
Hello,

Here is my setup:
ASUS Prime X570-Pro mobo
Ryzen 5 - 3600
Nvidia GTX 3070
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
Corsair CX-F CX750F 750W
Corsair Hydro Series, H100i cooler
Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe ssd

When I first built the PC I couldn't get it to boot to bios with both memory sticks, no signal to the monitor. I took one out and after a couple of tries it finally did. I had to up the voltage on the DRAM a little bit and then it would boot with both sticks installed. Got windows 10 installed after that. The next day, I was measuring performance with one of the built in overclock settings in the BIOS (ASUS Boost, or something like that) and it ran fine. I went back into the BIOS and hit F5 to reset to default since I didn't want to leave it overclocked, however I'm pretty sure this also reset my DRAM voltage adjustment.

Now I am not able to boot to BIOS. The mobo sits on the Green BOOT led and there is no signal to the monitor. I have tried swapping out the ram, single stick, double stick, all slots. Swapped out the GPU, same problem. Have tried removing keyboard, mouse, wifi dongle, etc. with same result. Took battery out of mobo, and reset cmos as well.

Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

You should be able to work off the stock cooler. I state this since I'd like you t breadboard the system. use one stick of ram on slot A2. While the system is being removed from the chassis(and while you're disconnected from the wall socket) take the battery out of the motherboard and replace it after 30 minutes.

Feb 8, 2021
Thank you! I will try this when I get home. I'll also note that all the RGB lights and fans on the motherboard do come on as do the lights on the keyboard/mouse when they are connected. It now occurs to me though that I didn't try removing the m2.
I'll let you know the results.

Feb 8, 2021
Update: I breadboarded it and that seemed to do the trick. The green light was still on the mobo, but this time I got signal to the monitor. There was a message saying 'This VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver' and I had to go into the bios to enable the Compatability Support Module. It must have gotten disabled when I reset the bios to defaults. That's strange because I did not find any compatibility issues between that motherboard and the GTX 3070.

I also was able to up the DRAM voltage. After that, everything booted up.

I am now getting some weird stability issues though. A couple of random Kernel Power 41 reboots, a BSOD while running a performance test, and the event log is being flooded with weird errors and warnings. I did a clean reinstall of Windows but I'm still getting tons of errors and warnings, and at least one power 41 reboot. I did read that apparently that RAM should have 1.35v. The mobo default is 1.2 and I upped it to 1.26. I'll try increasing it a bit more and see if that helps with stability.

Memtest, sfc and disk check all came back clean. Temperatures stay below 50c.