Question ASUS Prime X570-Pro VGA LED No Post Occasionally

Buizel

Honorable
Sep 8, 2014
I'm honestly probably near my wit's end. For years I've been running an Intel build (i5-4690K; ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S; EVGA GTX 970; 16 GB G.Skill 1600 MHz; EVGA 750G2 PSU), and would be greeted by the CPU_LED on occasion when powering on my PC every morning. So, it would only show up maybe 4-6 times every 30 days, and sometimes my PC would even boot properly but give me a BSOD with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

I've lived with that for a while and recently upgraded to an AMD build (Ryzen 7 3700X; ASUS Prime X570-Pro; EVGA GTX 970; 16GB G.Skill Trident 3000 MHz; EVGA 750G2 PSU). This build is noticeably slower than my Intel one during POST, which was about 5 seconds verses 40 seconds now. However, the real issue here is that more often than the CPU_LED issue on my old build, the VGA led stays on after powering on. It cycles through my DRAM, CPU, then stops at VGA. I've updated the BIOS multiple times, cleared CMOS, updated the Chipset, checked the drives + RAM + CPU for errors, moved the GTX 970 to another PCIe slot, ensured that the GPU was getting sufficient power, ensured all connections were secured, and inspected the GPU for any damage or wear. Nothing seems out of the ordinary and it baffles me. But it confuses me even more because once I'm in Windows, the PC will be fine for the rest of the day. It's only after a cold start that the chance of it stopping at the VGA led increases.

Are there any other troubleshooting techniques I can try? Can I somehow run a diagnostics test on the GPU?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS