[SOLVED] ASUS PRIME Z270-A won’t boot up

yossi1114.net

Prominent
Jun 14, 2018
My PC doesn’t start running. No fan spinning. I only see the PWR_LED shows a green light. I think it should be working since all lights are green and there’s no red or orange light. Tried CMOS reset and removed its battery for a little while but no success. Also removed all PCIe cards and unplugged the power cables for storages.

Also to make sure the motherboard isn’t dead, I have removed the memory to check whether the board beeps properly or not. There’s no beep after all, and the lights are still green.

• ASUS PRIME Z270-A
  • Intel Core i7-7700K
  • Silverstone 1200W 80PLUS Silver
I’ve read the guide here ( https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/no-post-system-wont-boot-and-no-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1575220/ ) and have followed the instructions.

I need your help. Thanks

Solution
Try unplugging it from wall. Then plug it back in, and try restart. If it dosnt work. Then you have to troubleshoot--A.Psu working double check all connections, try a different psu. B. Check the power start up button on computer to make sure it isn't broken. C. If you have tried all other troubleshooting tips check your warranty for your motherboard to see if you can rma it.
Try unplugging it from wall. Then plug it back in, and try restart. If it dosnt work. Then you have to troubleshoot--A.Psu working double check all connections, try a different psu. B. Check the power start up button on computer to make sure it isn't broken. C. If you have tried all other troubleshooting tips check your warranty for your motherboard to see if you can rma it.

Solution

yossi1114.net

Prominent
Jun 14, 2018

Thank you for the advice!!!
I am sorry I forgot to mention that I already have tried using another PSU. Also, ASUS PRIME Z270-A has a power-on button right next to ATX 24pin, and tried pressing it but still not booting.

yossi1114.net

Prominent
Jun 14, 2018
UPDATE: I have filled the RMA application form and sent it to the authorized local seller (not ASUS official) but they refused to repair/replace the motherboard for free even though the warranty is still eligible according to the product page on ASUS official website. Trying to figure out what to do.

UPDATE: I have filled the RMA application form and sent it to the authorized local seller (not ASUS official) but they refused to repair/replace the motherboard for free even though the warranty is still eligible according to the product page on ASUS official website. Trying to figure out what to do.
Have you contacted Ausus support directly? They are pretty straight forward. If you have the receipt they will probably honor it if it is still in force.