[SOLVED] Asus Prime Z270-P - what is the chassis fan header amperage?

Mar 29, 2022
Hi
I was planning to use a 3 way splitter to connect my 3 front 0.3A 12V chassis fans to a single chassis fan header as there's only 2 on the aforementioned MOBO, yet I could not find the Amperage for the Chassis Fan Header anywhere for the Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard.
Does anyone have an idea what the actual Amperage for said header is and will it manage to handle said fans?
Cheers

Solution
Hi
I was planning to use a 3 way splitter to connect my 3 front 0.3A 12V chassis fans to a single chassis fan header as there's only 2 on the aforementioned MOBO, yet I could not find the Amperage for the Chassis Fan Header anywhere for the Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard.
Does anyone have an idea what the actual Amperage for said header is and will it manage to handle said fans?
Cheers
Standard is 1A. Up to 1.5A is usually possible. Above that it's recommended to use power hub.
Hi
Cheers
Standard is 1A. Up to 1.5A is usually possible. Above that it's recommended to use power hub.

Solution