[SOLVED] ASUS Prime Z30-A mounting in Corsair 760-T

Neostarwcc

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
So I ordered parts last friday, and they just came in today, and I was about to assemble my new computer, when I noticed that one of the pegs for under the motherboard that came with the case was missing (in the top left corner of the case). I don't have any extras, so I'd have to order some, but I don't know what they're called to order them.

I'm also curious that since it's in the top left corner, it might not matter if there's a peg there at all because it would float over the case (since the other pegs are all still there) and it might not ever touch the metal, but I wanted to make sure before I destroy a $200 motherboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Yes I think that's what I'm looking for. Thank you. I'm using ones from like 5 years ago (The case and old setup that I had were pretty old) but I think those would still work with my case. Now can I install the motherboard anyway with that one peg missing? Or should I wait until the new screws come in? Because honestly I don't think it's going to make a difference because it looks like the motherboard is just going to float above it all anyway and not touch the metal.

To be safe, I'd suggest waiting. However, if you either can't or just plain don't want to, then make sure there is a standoff under all 4 corners. Also make sure there is one under/near where pressure is applied. CPU, GPU & RAM areas for example. Sometimes there...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Here you go.

It's advisable to have all as they provide structural support for your mobo & therefor I do not advise not using them, unless you know exactly what you are doing & no excess pressure is being applied.

Also the standoff provides a margin of space between the motherboard and the case to keep the multiple solder points below from grounding and short-circuiting.

Neostarwcc

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

Yes I think that's what I'm looking for. Thank you. I'm using ones from like 5 years ago (The case and old setup that I had were pretty old) but I think those would still work with my case. Now can I install the motherboard anyway with that one peg missing? Or should I wait until the new screws come in? Because honestly I don't think it's going to make a difference because it looks like the motherboard is just going to float above it all anyway and not touch the metal.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

To be safe, I'd suggest waiting. However, if you either can't or just plain don't want to, then make sure there is a standoff under all 4 corners. Also make sure there is one under/near where pressure is applied. CPU, GPU & RAM areas for example. Sometimes there is an extra one or 2 about 1/2 way down the back side of the mobo about 2-3" in. You could take one from here to have support in the important places. Even if you don't think the PCB will touch your case, the excess stress in one location may cause soldering issues on the PCB itself if too much flexing occurs.

Solution