Asus prime z370-a no video no boot no beep

May 31, 2018
Having a problem with the build I’m working on and it doesn’t seem to boot up. All fans are working cpu and case. No LEDs on the board are lit except for the power LED. I have tried moving graphics card to a different slot. I have also tried moving ram into all possible configurations still the same issue. I have also tried plugging the display into the board directly still the same response. I am using hdmi for the connection. Any ideas or is the board faulty? I have checked the cpu pins and non appear to be bent.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
so you only see the power LED on the motherboard.

I assume that pressing the power button on the motherboard has no effect (nbr 7 on manual layout section 1.1.2)

The memtest button also does not work.

Have you tried taking everything out of your case and just powering up PSU, Motherboard, RAM and CPU on bench. Do you see lights?

do you use the case power button to turn the system on? If there is a power-on button on the motherboard, try using that, and if there isn't, try shorting the power button pins(the two pins where the power button of the case is connected). You did connect the front panel connectors, I hope?

May 31, 2018
Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor, Cooler Master
Hyper 212 EVO, EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply, Gigabyte
GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD, Kingston Technology HyperX FURY White 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL15 DIMM Kit of 2 1Rx8

Pc part picker didn’t show any Incompatibility