Question Asus Prime z390-A occasionally posts and sometimes doesn't.

Jan 14, 2021
Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Asus Prime z390-A mobo. Most of the time it'll post just fine and boot up normally, but on occasion, it won't post and doesn't boot. If I hit the reset switch it'll then post fine and boot normally again. Any help would be much appreciated.

My specs are:

CPU: i7 9700K
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw
GPU: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Mobo: Asus Prime z390-A
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 GT 750w (just replaced)

Thanks in advance!

Did you replace the PSU with the same model?

Update the BIOS of your motherboard

reset the Bios by jumper clearCMOS

check all power cords if properly connected

did you use the delivered cables from this specific PSU or other power cords from a different PSU?

Jan 14, 2021
Hi helpstar,

I replaced the PSU with a completely different brand. And also I've tried all those solutions. Also, I'm using the exact cables that came with the PSU. I just replaced it yesterday. Also, I want to mention that once the PC is on, I experience literally no issues. It's just that sometimes it doesn't post/boot and I get no sound from the speaker, but if I hit the reset switch, it'll post/boot fine, and I'll get the one short beep which means everything is working. I'm kinda baffled by this. Thanks for your help!

Jan 14, 2021
Hi helpstar,

I replaced the PSU with a completely different brand. And also I've tried all those solutions. Also, I'm using the exact cables that came with the PSU. I just replaced it yesterday. Also, I want to mention that once the PC is on, I experience literally no issues. It's just that sometimes it doesn't post/boot and I get no sound from the speaker, but if I hit the reset switch, it'll post/boot fine, and I'll get the one short beep which means everything is working. I'm kinda baffled by this. Thanks for your help!
And also it was doing this before I replaced the PSU too.