[SOLVED] ASUS Prime Z590-P Memory Issues

Jul 30, 2021
I am trying to complete a new build with an ASUS Prime Z590-P, i7-11700K processor and 2 32G Vengeance LPX 3200 DIMMS (direct match to QVL).

When I tried to boot with both one DIMM in B2 and the other in A2, as recommended in the manual, the system would not POST. The system boots to BIOS with either DIMM in either B slot. Putting a DIMM in either A slot and the system will not POST.

Also BIOS is showing the memory as 2133 instead of 3200.

I have read several reviews with similar problems.

Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
pull the cpu out and check for bent pins in the socket. also what cooler are you using? you could try loosing the cooler just a bit to see if there is to much pressure on the cpu that its shifting the pads on the pins.

Have you tried a single stick in just slot A1 A2 to see if they are working?
pull the cpu out and check for bent pins in the socket. also what cooler are you using? you could try loosing the cooler just a bit to see if there is to much pressure on the cpu that its shifting the pads on the pins.

Solution
Jul 30, 2021

I have re-seated the CPU and rotated a know good DIMM through each slot. The system will only POST with one or two DIMM's in the B slots.

I will try loosen the screws on the AIO pump.