[SOLVED] Asus prime Z690-A compatibility with Samsung 980 and DDR4

ArielElia95

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
Hello,
I'm considering buying the 12700K with Asus prime Z690-A.
I want to make sure this will be compatible with Samsung 980 (not the pro), which uses PCIE3.

Also, the motherboard is the DDR5 one, does this mean it is NOT compatible with DDR4 and only the DDR4 version is?

Thanks

Solution
The board does not support DDR4. In fact the boards that do support DDR4 memory have a D4 listed at the end of their board's name/series/branding.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page;
and you should see boards with a D4 at the end, meaning those are the ones that support DDR4. Anything without the D4 = DDR5 only.

If you're set on the board you've listed above, the board has a device support list;
and it shows the Samsung 970 Evo Plus which is a PCIe 3.0...

Lutfij

Titan
The board does not support DDR4. In fact the boards that do support DDR4 memory have a D4 listed at the end of their board's name/series/branding.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page;
and you should see boards with a D4 at the end, meaning those are the ones that support DDR4. Anything without the D4 = DDR5 only.

If you're set on the board you've listed above, the board has a device support list;
and it shows the Samsung 970 Evo Plus which is a PCIe 3.0 drive, as supported. To add, the slot is backwards compatible, so you should be good to go. Just not on the DDR4 side of the story, sadly.

Last edited:
Solution

ArielElia95

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013
The board does not support DDR4. In fact the boards that do support DDr4 memory have a D4 listed at the end of their board's name/series/branding.
Yes so I thought, thanks.

Now just need to make sure about the 980 support.

bignastyid

Titan
Thank you very much.

I'll take the opportunity to ask, the corsair H110x should support the LGA1700, but it is a product already on the market. So how can I know I'll get the compatible base?
You may need to contact Corsair to see if a kit is available for that model. They do make a retrofit kit, but your cooler is not in the supported list.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/compa...-for-lga-1700-and-intel-alder-lake-processors
The H110 is an older AIO so it may have not made the cut.

ArielElia95

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2013

TRENDING THREADS