Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2022
Working on a new build:

CPU: i5-12600K
MB: Asus Z690-P
PS: Corsair CX750F
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070
Case: Fractal Torrent Compact

And I can’t get it to POST and send any signal to displays. Everything powers on, case and GPU fans spin, case light blinks quickly, followed by slow blinking after 10 seconds, but no signal to displays via GPU or onboard graphics when I pull the GPU out.

24-pin to MB plugged in, 8 + 4 pin both plugged into CPU power. Have tried with 1/4 sticks of RAM and with NVMe drive in/out as well. Any ideas on how to actually get into BIOS?

Last edited:
Working on a new build:

CPU: i5-12600K
MB: Asus Z690-P
PSU: Corsair CX750F
Case: Fractal Torrent Compact

And I can’t get it to POST and send any signal to displays. Everything powers on, case and GPU fans spin, case light blinks quickly, followed by slow blinking after 10 seconds, but no signal to displays via GPU or onboard graphics when I pull the GPU out.

24-pin to MB plugged in, 8 + 4 pin both plugged into CPU power. Have tried with 1/4 sticks of RAM and with NVMe drive in/out as well. Any ideas on how to actually get into BIOS?
Have you tried a different pcie port? The GPU may not be supported in the slot it's in

Jul 30, 2022
Have you tried to clear your bios by removing the lithium battery from your mobo with the psu unplugged and holding the power button on the case for 30s x2s then reseat lithium battery and psu cable
Yeah just tried that still nothing. The monitor will kick on, go through all the inputs and end with “No Signal”.
I’ve verified that the DP cable, and Monitor are both fine. Even tried it with HDMI too without success.

Yeah just tried that still nothing. The monitor will kick on, go through all the inputs and end with “No Signal”.
I’ve verified that the DP cable, and Monitor are both fine. Even tried it with HDMI too without success.
This saddly means the Mobo is dead, hoping it didn't kill anything else with it, request a new one from sender if purchased online, or go in store where you got it and ask for a replacement if getting a new Mobo doesn't work it probably took the CPU with it seeing as it's onboard won't even work for dosplay

Never ever heard of that!!!!
Do some research? Thats all I can suggest.
However, unlike the older M. 2 SATA SSDs, which use the slower SATA 3 interface, the M. 2 NVMe SSDs utilize PCIe lanes. And hence, the NVMe SSDs are multiple folds faster than even the fastest Hard Disk Drives and SATA SSDs out there. But this comes at the cost of the primary pcie lane being disabled.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Do some research? Thats all I can suggest.
However, unlike the older M. 2 SATA SSDs, which use the slower SATA 3 interface, the M. 2 NVMe SSDs utilize PCIe lanes. And hence, the NVMe SSDs are multiple folds faster than even the fastest Hard Disk Drives and SATA SSDs out there. But this comes at the cost of the primary pcie lane being disabled.
Um, no it usually works off the CPU but it disables the first PCI-E slot NO!

EDIT that processor so nothing like that. I don't know of any modern processor that can't do X16 and X4 for a M.2 drive.
  • PCI Express Configurations ‡Up to 1x16+4, 2x8+4
  • Max # of PCI Express Lanes20

Last edited:
and what motherboard do you have and processor?
What one do you want I have numbers of computers. The one I'm referring to is similar to the one he is speaking of.

Asus Z690-P
I9 12900t
And if it it doesn't disable the pcie lane because you are right some mobos don't they drop the nvme from gen 4 to gen3 or visa versa will drop the pcie card from gen 4 to gen 3... But again this is a mute argument because your fighting over nothing you your self just said "it may not be the Mobo itself but because the type of CPU you use..... It all matters all system are made different just because you know some machines do this doesn't mean all do

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What one do you want I have numbers of computers. The one I'm referring to is similar to the one he is speaking of.

Asus Z690-P
I9 12900t
And if it it doesn't disable the pcie lane because you are right some mobos don't they drop the nvme from gen 4 to gen3 or visa versa will drop the pcie card from gen 4 to gen 3... But again this is a mute argument because your fighting over nothing you your self just said "it may not be the Mobo itself but because the type of CPU you use..... It all matters all system are made different just because you know some machines do this doesn't mean all do
I never said anything about any of that just stated you statement is 100% wrong.

The processor and motherboard he is using has plenty to use a gen 4 and the top PCI-E lane you can't dispute that.

I would say he has either a bad board or bent pins.

Right back to this he can use a X4 M.2 and the X16 PCI-E.
EDIT. I'm not with his PC and have no clue of his building skills but everything he has should work as intended if everything works!

Last edited:
I never said anything about any of that just stated you statement is 100% wrong.

The processor and motherboard he is using has plenty to use a gen 4 and the top PCI-E lane you can't dispute that.

I would say he has either a bad board or bent pins.

Right back to this he can use a X4 M.2 and the X16 PCI-E.
EDIT. I'm not with his PC and have no clue of his building skills but everything he has should work as intended if everything works!
But that's not true either if you want to be specific about things, it again wouldn't be running full capacity rather either way one or the other will take a hit in performance due to sharing a lane

Status
Not open for further replies.