[SOLVED] Asus Prime Z690M-Plus D4 trouble booting with OLOy Memory

shadownesia

Commendable
Jan 5, 2019
I recently bought an "Asus Prime Z690M-Plus D4 Motherboard" along with a 32GB(2X16) kit of "OLOy WARHAWK DDR4-3200 Memory" for my new PC build. At first, my computer wouldn’t display a signal when I tried booting in dual-channel mode, after a couple more tries I got it to boot with only one stick in the 2nd slot and that was stable during the hour that I was using it. I tried different configurations and eventually I got it to work in dual-channel for about 15 minutes until Windows crashed, I also got it to run with two sticks in the 2nd/3rd slot at 2133mhz for a couple of hours(I was able to run Games and other Programs like Filmora) until I shut it off, disconnected and reconnected my Storage Devices to fix some cables and then it wouldn't boot again.
Now it won’t boot even when I try using a single ram stick(I tried in every slot except the 1st because of Cooler size). I updated my Motherboard bios to the latest version and I tried removing the CMOS battery but I’m still getting no signal. However when I use my “Patriot Viper 8GB(2x4) DDR4-3000 Memory” kit from my old build, my new PC boots with no problems.

I just really want to know if this memory is completely incompatible with my motherboard or is there a way to make both sticks work without issue?

I also wanted to note that my Motherboard supports a feature that blinks an LED Light of my Case in a certain pattern depending on the issue. The blinking that I'm getting when trying to boot with the OLOy RAM is the fast blinking which is supposed to be for a memory-related issue.

My Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Shadownesia/saved/Qf6n6h

shadownesia

Commendable
Jan 5, 2019
Sounds like you just got a bad stick(s), try to get it to boot with a single stick, if it doesn't work, try the other stick, if one works and the other will not you know you have one bad stick.
Yup, it seems like one of the sticks just doesn't seem to work properly, at this point I'll just return them.

ASK THE COMMUNITY