Question ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE faulty M.2 slots or fries your SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2019
Got this motherboard recently, all works well, except when I wanted to upgrade my SSD disks to M.2
First I got Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive and this is what happened:
  1. First boot - the bios recognises the M.2. The drive shows up in windows ( using MiniTool Partition Wizard)
  2. Format, install/copy some data
  3. Second boot - the drive shows in Explorer.
  4. Switch off PC (from windows)
  5. Boot. BIOS hangs. M.2 disappears and no longer visible in bios/windows.
The SSD is a brick, not working in the second slot, nor with an external SATA adapter.

One off, you say? Faulty SSD? I though so. Got got another M.2 SSD's - Crucial P1 SSD 500Gb CT500P1SSD8.

Repeat the steps.

Dead. (Waiting what Samsung warranty people will say)

Any ideas??

Last edited:
I'd RMA the motherboard...nothing you've posted indicates you did anything wrong...as long as you're protecting against static while handling the SSD then it looks like something might be up with your board. Are you overclocked on the bclk at all ? Maybe verify the board is running at 100 bclk like it should be.

Nov 15, 2019
I'd RMA the motherboard...nothing you've posted indicates you did anything wrong...as long as you're protecting against static while handling the SSD then it looks like something might be up with your board. Are you overclocked on the bclk at all ? Maybe verify the board is running at 100 bclk like it should be.
No, it's not overlocked, running latest BIOS on default (factory) settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS