Review Asus ProArt B660-Creator D4 Review: Pros on a Budget

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
a "creator" board with 10 year old audio? wow. I understand not spending the $ on the newest 4xxx chipset for sound, but the ALC 1200 family is still really nice and barely more $ than this crap.

Co BIY

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015
A question that I would like to see answered is - what level of chip could this board handle with no throttling?

i7 or i5K?

What is different that allows the board to dominate the Office benchmarks? It seems like the biggest best most expensive should still lead those too.

These moderate boards will help Raptor Lake a bunch at launch. DDR5 still doesn't look worth it in most cases to me. Intel could have a little motherboard advantage for the first time in a long time.

Tom Sunday

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
$199!! is hardly under $200, don't for get to add taxes, a budget board would be more like $79-$100 range.
Greetings from Stehekin, WA. You are right on the money! At $199 the ASUS Creator MB for us still relegated by HR to WFH is a reach! Nice to have though! At the latest local computer show in Wenatchee I noticed many WFH shoppers trying to upgrade and grabbing a new ‘working class’ or cash generating (Pro) MB across the folding tables for less than $100. No sales tax and another 5%-10% discount if paid in cash and as shouted by the dealer boys from Bangladesh! After all a new MB generation is virtually around the corner! So prices are going way down and into the right direction.

The mentioned MSI Pro B660-A however looks like a price and performance winner and especially in the trying times of today! I am sure however that many here will wait a few months longer before jumping into a new MB purchase as the word on the ‘floors’ and the show hot-dog stand was that very soon package Z690 deals will be forthcoming and as 99% of the buyers here only have CPU’s from several generations ago! Welcome to the man on the street and where reality bites more often than not!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS