Asus ProArt PA329Q 32-inch UHD Pro Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Now release a ROG Swift version 32inch 4k 120hz IPS G Sync.
And make the LED ring and LED ROG logo RGB so people can match the rest of their system!
Their concept 27 inch 4k is too small(I own the 28inch Samsung UD590) and the ideal 40 inch is too big for most desk pc's, 32 is the sweet spot in my opinion and I would buy it.

KenZen2B

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I could not find any mention of HDR for this product or did you forget to include that information ?

For any future reviews for UHD monitors, please include information on HDR, WCG, and if the DP can be upgraded to 1.3.

Thanks for the info.

clearly says rec2020 which is the standard hdr will get up to in the future.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I haven't read the actual text of ITU-T Rec BT.2020, but I believe the HDR formats are optional. Is that not so?

Personally, I don't even care about HDR, in a non-OLED display. The mere fact that you get 10-bit and an expanded color gamut is enough, for a display like this.

ngaio

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Did Asus send a hand-picked monitor for review? Or did Tom's purchase it retail? The uniformity results are very competitive indeed! My expectation with a mid-range 4K panel in 2016 is that panel uniformity will be uneven, given the reports of folks who have purchased this model from Asus and comparable other brands.

Light Illusion

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Without the ability to user true 3D LUT calibration such 'professional' displays really are not professional.

Not being able to control gamut is the issue - for true volumetric colour accuracy you need 3D LUT based calibration.

As for UHD, that is really just resolution.
WCG is the colour gamut (Rec2020 for example)
And HDR is high dynamic range (high peak white values).

However, the UHDTV Alliance is attempting to link all three, via its 'Ultra HD Premium' specification.

(There is info on UHDTV, some of the issues, etc, as well as more about 3D LUT calibration here - please note this is our commercial website, but we have a lot of information there that is available for all to review: http://www.lightillusion.com/uhdtv.html)

TeamColeINC

Reputable
May 6, 2014
What do I have to do for them to make 40" models? I know there are the Korean 40" UHD monitors, but they all have issues and about a 25% chance of getting a lemon....

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
A PROFESSIONAL monitor with a 16:9 aspect ratio?! This disqualifies it from consideration even if it were a third of its current price. 16:9 kills it as a professional monitor.

Ben Archer

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
The Color Gamut And Luminance charts are nearly unreadable due to size and JPEG compression artifacts. The carousel is really unkind to these charts.

Lloyd_3

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
This is a very lame review. One of the most salient features of this monitor is its hardware calibration ability. As a photographer, I want to know how well that works. I want to know how the dedicated software works, what adjustments are available, do they have or plan to have it for Mac, etc.
To ignore the hardware calibration software simply because you are too cheap to buy an i1 Display Pro is ridiculous. I own both the i1Pro and the i1 Display Pro. I disagree that the spectro is the better instrument for displays. It is well known that spectros are less accurate in the dark tones than colorimeters. Omitting calibration the way the mfg intended and the way any professional user would want to do it makes this review worthless.

Lloyd_3

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
This is a very lame review. One of the most salient features of this monitor is its hardware calibration ability. As a photographer, I want to know how well that works. I want to know how the dedicated software works, what adjustments are available, do they have or plan to have it for Mac, etc.
To ignore the hardware calibration software simply because you are too cheap to buy an i1 Display Pro is ridiculous. I own both the i1Pro and the i1 Display Pro. I disagree that the spectro is the better instrument for displays. It is well known that spectros are less accurate in the dark tones than colorimeters. Omitting calibration the way the mfg intended and the way any professional user would want to do it makes this review worthless.

drajitsh

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2016
I'm surprised that you have not called them out for providing only display port 1.2. These cannot support 4k p60 @10bpp. Which the monitor itself can support. And most high end desktop graphics cards have more display port than HDMI outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.