Review Asus ProArt PA32UCG Professional Gaming Monitor Review: Everything AND The Kitchen Sink

Mar 19, 2021
This is a terrible gaming monitor are you kidding? 5ms gtg response time? Blur and ghosting galore. I would NEVER game on anything unless it was a 1ms gtg response time. And these speeds have been out forever. Sure the image quality and brightness and resolution are insane. great for working with graphics. but not fast moving movies' images and especially not gaming. Would love to see some HONEST reviews and headlines that are just not meant to sell products.

This is a terrible gaming monitor are you kidding? 5ms gtg response time? Blur and ghosting galore. I would NEVER game on anything unless it was a 1ms gtg response time. And these speeds have been out forever. Sure the image quality and brightness and resolution are insane. great for working with graphics. but not fast moving movies' images and especially not gaming. Would love to see some HONEST reviews and headlines that are just not meant to sell products.
This is for photo and video editing, or ART. ART, it's called the ProART.
EDIT
I see the headline now, yeah they need to take that out

voyteck

Reputable
Jul 1, 2020
So you have measured the brightness uniformity but what about color uniformity? I wouldn't care for the first one too much if white was getting blueish or redish tint here and there which seems to be the norm except in some higher NEC and EIZO models.

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
a $5000 + tax monitor to color correct the next blockbuster film on... maybe if they took a zero off of the price tag, sure. Also, you can just calm t f down, 5ms isn't that bad.

Mar 19, 2021
You're clearly not a gamer. Try playing any fast action like call of duty on 5ms and it looks terrible. 1ms or .5 fast ips looks amazing . Just pointing out the obviously so some uneducated rich kid doesn't blow his money on this monitor thinking it's good for gaming. It's not by any means

tummybunny

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
I'm a gamer and I couldn't care less about response times. Competitive FPS gamers on the other hand are a special breed who seem to live only to complain viciously about every monitor that has ever been released until one is released with 360hz 0.5ms, 1600 nits and RRP under $200.

Reactions: Lovelops
Oct 5, 2021
You're clearly not a gamer. Try playing any fast action like call of duty on 5ms and it looks terrible. 1ms or .5 fast ips looks amazing . Just pointing out the obviously so some uneducated rich kid doesn't blow his money on this monitor thinking it's good for gaming. It's not by any means
You're being so dramatic, 5ms is perfectly fine for almost anyone unless you happen to be playing at the elite level (top 1-5%) that would be using a TN panel anyway. I'm also willing to bet you've never actually played on a 1ms monitor since you specifically mention IPS. As there are zero IPS panels that can actually hit 1ms. Almost every monitor that says it's 1ms only hits close to that mark on the highest overdrive setting that is unusable for gaming due to the amount of overshoot. So if this monitor is actually hitting true 5ms GTG time it's right up with there with most quality gaming IPS panels that actually fall into the 3-5ms range.

Reactions: tummybunny
Jan 14, 2022
I created an account just to reply to all these comments about gamers. There are many types of gamers. I am not a competitive gamer and I do not like or play FPS games. Professional gamers will use a dedicated high-end gaming monitor and will not care about the color accuracy or features needed for design work.

I have been looking for a 4K monitor for creative work with Adobe, DCI-P3, hardware calibrated, and the latest connections. Most 4K Adobe monitors are only 60 Hz. I also want to take advantage of my RTX 3080 video card, so G-Sync compatible. I want to enjoy games and other content at a higher refresh rate.

Yes - the title is inaccurate. What the author is really saying is this monitor is both for Professional Design and Gaming. He is referencing an earlier review of the Asus PG32UQX gaming monitor that supports design work with Adobe. The "AND The Kitchen Sink" he wanted with the PG32UQX is Dolby Vision and Thunderbolt ports. The PA32UCG is the BEST monitor for those of us who want the best of both worlds.