Asus Q200e first BAD POOL HEADER, now PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Heluba

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
My friends little Asus Q200e that came up with an error BAD POOL HEADER, I pulled the hdd out since repair, revert didn't work at all even with a bootable thumb drive with win 8. I ran disk check from my desktop to find no errors but everything on the hdd was corrupted. I wiped the hdd clean reinstalled it to the laptop and now get the error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error when I try to install Win 8 again. If I don't have a bootable thumb drive in it goes straight to bios. At this point I'm at a total loss, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, Heluba!

This error is indicating a memory corruption according to MS knowledge base. It could be caused by bad driver or bad memory altogether. I'd recommend you to test the RAM on your friend's laptop.
If the laptop is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer's customer support for assistance! Tampering with the hardware components inside by yourselves will void the warranty, so be careful.

Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, Heluba!

This error is indicating a memory corruption according to MS knowledge base. It could be caused by bad driver or bad memory altogether. I'd recommend you to test the RAM on your friend's laptop.
If the laptop is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer's customer support for assistance! Tampering with the hardware components inside by yourselves will void the warranty, so be careful.

Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution