Asdfguy86

Honorable
Jul 4, 2016
I was sent in an ASUS Q302L laptop to look at and it has a pretty strange problem. Usually for these sorts of things I update the drivers, the BIOS, and upgrade something (in this case they wanted more RAM so I put in an extra 8gb stick). Everything seemed fine until I updated the Intel Wireless AC 9560 driver. After installing the WiFi driver, the system fails to boot anything. I have taken out the new RAM, WiFi card, battery (both laptop and cmos), and even the hard drive, yet no change. Still stuck on the ASUS logo splash screen.
Just to be clear it is not the ASUS splash screen with the spinning loading circles. It is just the splash screen with nothing else, and F2 will not take me into the BIOS anymore. I don't think its possible for a WiFi driver update (which I got from Intel's website) to corrupt the BIOS, but...
Any reason as to why it's doing this?

Asdfguy86

Honorable
Jul 4, 2016
I figured it was a corrupt BIOS, and so did a repair shop as they weren't able to do anything with the laptop either. I've ordered a USB SPI programmer in hopes that I can flash a new bios image to the thing using flashrom, and will try it whenever the device gets here.

TRENDING THREADS