Asus Q502La Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2018
The screen on my Asus Q502LA became discolored (green and pink hues) and finally went blank. The laptop works fine with an external monitor and the touchscreen still works. I have replaced the lcd screen and video cable but neither fixed the screen problem. Is there anything else I can check before simply turning the machine into a desktop? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So it works on an external monitor, and you replaced the attached display and the cable that connects that display and it still isn't resolved? I am wondering if the attached display is then using a different GPU. If say the attached one was set up to use a secondary GPU and the external display is using the integrated graphics, it is completely possible that the GPU that the attached display is using is toast.

Feb 22, 2018
Thanks to all for your replies. Health issues have prevented me from responding. The connector visually appears ok, although I suppose a connector pin may not be making good contact with the board. It's possible that the GPU could be bad, but I'm not sure how to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.