Question ASUS Q504U not booting

danwes32

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
Hey guys, so I am working on a laptop for a friend and I am coming across a few difficulties. When power is pressed the computer either goes to the bios or to the logo screen. Occasionally the automatic repair menu attempts to open up but once it loads it does do anything but sit at the blank light blue auto repair screen that there is normally icon with repair options. Its just blank. In the bios the hdd is detected. I have booted from a windows repair media usb from microsoft and attempted to repair and it will not work. i.e. system restore, start-up repair. None of those options work. I have opened up the case looking for damage and all appears fine. I have disconnected everything and let out the power in the cmos. I cannot think of what the problem could be besides a motherboard failure. I get no beeps or lights during the post process

I do not have any specific specs on the pc as I cant boot to see them.

Last edited:

danwes32

Prominent
Jun 20, 2019
On both it says i need to select a copy of windows before proceeding. I dont have a bootable OS but when i attempted to install a clean version it could not find a drive to install onto.