ASUS R9 270X DCUII Refuses to throttle down its fans

Pestindahouse

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
Hello. I've had this R9 270X since april, and it has performed with no graphical problems/reliability/heat.

From that day i've set the AMD Overdrive to manual, and bumped the fan to 50%. The thing is, it's not running at 50% when not gaming, but after 5-10 mins of gaming the fans kick into gear, and will not go back to acceptable levels until the computer is restarted. Even if the gpu returns to 32 degress celsius the fans still go on 50%, sounding like a jet engine ready for takeoff.

Solution
have a look at using a utility like MSI afterburner and speed fan. they hopefully give you some options to hopefully get the fan down to the desired speed once you have got your temps down after playing a game

abaday789

Honorable
Jul 4, 2014
have a look at using a utility like MSI afterburner and speed fan. they hopefully give you some options to hopefully get the fan down to the desired speed once you have got your temps down after playing a game

Solution

Pestindahouse

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013

I never tought of MSI Afterburner. i had it installed to monitor stuff while gaming. Found some settings, adn hopefully it will silence my card. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS