Asus R9 280x no display to TV, or monitors!

TheTshirtNinja

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
I recently purchased an Asus R9 280x, and played an entire days worth of video gaming, fully enjoying the maximum graphics settings. I upgraded from a Radeon HD 5750.

I uninstalled the drivers for the Radeon and then installed the drivers for the 280x. Powered up the computer and everything worked perfectly. Like I said, I put in at least 10 entire hours of play on Wildstar.

I came home today and everything still worked great. I loaded up the game and went afk for about an hour waiting for my turn to get into the servers. I came back to the computer an the tv and monitor were both telling me there was no input. I thought it was asleep so I hit he space bar and nothing happened.

I have tried a single hdmi input, divi input and also the VGA on-board adapter. Nothing has worked. The computer turns on, lights, fans, and no beeps.

My older graphics card does not even have a display showing up either. I assume it's because I removed the drivers. How in the world do I fix this problem? I'm seriously running out of ideas and I'm about to consider saving up for two months and completely starting over.

TheTshirtNinja

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
I have tried, but I still can't see any type f display with every monitor or cord I try. If I did get into safe mode, I still can't see anything. Motherboard VGA doesn't work either. I also tried removig the new gpu and trying to get into safe mode but nothing changed.

TheTshirtNinja

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Problem not solved! Bought a brand new psu and motherboard and the problem is still exactly the same. I thought it was the graphics card, but I tried two other cards and nothing works. I tried another monitor, and another tv. What could it possibly be? Maybe hard drive?

Does onboard video work on the new motherboard? The issue being with another component if you have no video at all is not likely, but you can try unhooking the hard drive and see if you can get at least the BIOS to show up, maybe try different RAM or use one RAM stick at a time to test them.