ASUS R9 280x RMA (artifacts problem) and shipping problem need reply asap please help

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
So i have to send my asus r9 280x to asus for it to be repaired (artifacts problem) and i am using USPS to ship my GPU but the problem is when i put the address of ASUS on USPS and then when i am on the billing information the address shows only half like the address is this

ASUS Service Center
Attn: RMA Dept., RMA
121 River Ridge Circle Dock C, Jeffersonville, IN, 47130

but when i put this address to USPS it shows only "Cir" instead of "Circle" !! so i want to know would that be a problem ??
please reply asap cause i need to ship the package tomorrow.

and i have another question like i don't even know that my gpu is under warranty or not. Even ASUS didn't tell me anything about this ??? i asked them but they have not replied yet. but how do i check if my GPU is still under warranty ??? cause what's the point of sending my GPU if the warranty is expired :p

one last question i have heard a lot of people have tried doing RMA but none them Artifacts was fixed but i have also said this to Asus but they said They guarantees that it will be fixed ? So what do you guys think ??

also i have uploaded a video about this on my youtube channel you check it out here : http://youtu.be/DPu6QSdCVUY

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

i brought my gpu on July 24th 2014.

So i have to send my asus r9 280x to asus for it to be repaired (artifacts problem) and i am using USPS to ship my GPU but the problem is when i put the address of ASUS on USPS and then when i am on the billing information the address shows only half like the address is this

ASUS Service Center
Attn: RMA Dept., RMA
121 River Ridge Circle Dock C, Jeffersonville, IN, 47130

but when i put this address to USPS it shows only "Cir" instead of "Circle" !! so i want to know would that be a problem ??
please reply asap cause i need to ship the package tomorrow.
If it is just the "circle" clipped it shouldn't matter but
I would be a little concerned if "dock c" wasn't picked up

It will still be under warranty. I don't know of any reputable company with less than a year warranty.

Nasty artifacts
BTW What is the first game in the video?

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

Assassin's Creed Unity. and yeah i just confirmed more 2 years warranty left :)

I wouldn't be too concerned about the addressing - businesses tend to build relationships with delivery personnel. If it get's to the right sub-station, which the zip code will do, as soon as they see Asus and RMA they'll know exactly where it needs to go. I've had packages delivered without delay when the street address was completely wrong but the zip was right - they saw the company name and the name in the Attention to: line and brought it right to me.

Good deal on the warranty. If it comes back and it's still messed up, send it back again and ask for an upgrade replacement. There's a good chance you'll get it.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

thank you so much man :) okay if i need an upgrade replacement which one should i go for ? or i cannot choose ?

Assuming it's still messed up, they'll probably just replace it with the same model, but if you explain what a pain in the ass the whole process has been and how disappointed you are, mental trauma and all that, the customer service rep has the latitude to upgrade you. They won't offer it up-front - you'll have to talk them into it. I'd ask for a 290X and settle for a 290. Or you could ask for an Invidia equivalent. There's no guarantee they'll go for it, though. Replacement is at their discretion - they're only legally required to repair the one you already have.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

oh okay i will let you know what happens :) thank you so much man :)

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
okay my gpu just came back and it took only 10 days !! wut ? now i have to test for few hours to know if it is fixed or not. can you tell me what kind of test should i run to know that the artifacts is fixed ? Thanks

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
yep including shipping :) and yeah i already have the heaven and valley and i have also ran a test it seems fine but i still see artifacts sometimes :( what do you think ? is it because i have dual monitor setup ?

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

i know but i have noticed something it happens when my gpu temp hits 65 degree !