Asus R9 280x video card warranty sticker

Gamerzzz

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hi,
My friend recently purchased an Asus R9 280x from newegg. He then recommended it and I decided to buy one for myself which I received today. However when I compared my friend's card with mine, I realized that he had a small sticker with a red circle on one of the screws which holds the cooler in place on the back of the card. Mine didn't have one and that's when I thought that it might be a warranty seal. So I contacted Asus by live chat and the person I spoke to told me that there is nothing to worry about as long as the serial number sticker is in place. But I am still a little worried that I won't be able to use my warranty if I need it one day. I still haven't tried this card and I don't know if I should return it to newegg or just trust the Asus employee...So what are your thoughts? Should I ask for a replacement from newegg just for the sticker (I know it sounds stupid)? Thanks!

endeavour37a

Honorable
The person at ASUS told you right, the serial number sticker MUST be intact for warranty work, so don't peal it off. Sometimes they put stickers over screws of the coolers to discourage people taking them off, I would not worry about one bit, your fine...

Gamerzzz

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
You're probably right because the sticker on my friend's card doesn't have anything written like ''warranty voided if removed''...there's only a red circle on it. Plus when I watched unboxing videos of this card some people had it and some didn't like myself. Thanks for your reply! I feel reassured now :D