Asus Radeon 6950 DirectCU II 2GB Overclocking

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I'm not sure how far I can go before I run out of power.

Specs:
Amd Phenom II x4 @ 3.6ghz OC
Kingston HyperX 8GB @ 1600mhz (Prolly only 1500 as bios doesn't show 1600)
1 DVD Drive
4 Fans (1 Pwm, 1 Chassis , 2 others)
1 1TB HDD
Corsair 430CX Psu

So, is there much room for some overclocking for the graphics card?

Right now, I have used CCC to OC it a bit.

890 was the gpu clock If I remember right.
1290 for memory clock
0% for powertune

I understood that GPU Tweak could be a better option for overclocking?

Any help would be great, thanks :)

I've not had much luck clocking my pair using CCC and I have little patience on gfx clocking so I run them stock,
but that 430Cx isn't going to hold much of a clock, I'd uprate to the 500w for stability before trying to push it/them too hard
D/l'ing tweak now out of curiosity :p
Downloaded fine, can't get it to open the program lol, uninstalled and try again later though
Moto

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Any psu you could recommend, price being max 100 euros, preferably 90 at max.
I have a few sites here if you have time to check and recommend the best.

http://www.systemastore.fi/index.php?cPath=1_432_446&page=1&sort=4a

http://www.jimms.fi/listaa/533/order/price

Ill try GPU Tweak later on when I get back home :) Lets hope it works though.

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Yep, only 1 for now. Don't have room for two of those, even though I would want + Current mobo doesn't support crossfire, so, maybe in the future. :)

Alrighty, I think I'm going to order that one then. With a good luck, might even get it today as it's not too far away from where I live.

Maybe nip round and collect, save on shipping?
Two DCII's does look awesome though :)
My babies, modded to be watercooled with the DCII covers :)
yes, fans still work as well
IMAG0560.jpg

Moto

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012

The main problem is finding another one. No stores here sell it anymore, and you are lucky to find one used. Seen a few being sold used. Should grab one before they are too rare to get here.

Ah yes, I watched all pics of your setup. I loved it. Was even more happy to see 2 of those cards. Sweet sweet stuff. :) I'm personally very satisfied with this card. Performs excelent, especially if I still overclock it a bit, very cool and very quiet + with a good luck, you can flash it over to 6970. Couldn't ask more from the card.

WEeziel

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Yep, I have but I think I may be lucky. The card is 1 year old soonish, and what I understood that it was still in the batches which should be flashable. Then again, I will find out if it indeed is or not.
Think I will order the PSU later on today. Should arrive on friday, or thursday at the earliest.