asus radeon hd 7750 driver installation problem

Boss429

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
I bought Asus Radeon hd 7750 and installed the card, connected the monitor via the adapter and started the pc. Windows boot with a resolution of 1024x768. When i installed the drivers from the CD and rebooted, Windows starts but freezes at the welcome sign for some time and then everything restarts and startup repair comes up and i've to restore system. I removed the GPU and started the pc on iGPU. Windows start with resolution 1360x768. But same problem occurs when installed drivers for the iGPU. NOTE that i had disabled iGPU while starting the pc on the GPU. What is the problem ? My specs are- Intel i3-3220 processor, Intel db75en MoBo, GPU- Asus Radeon hd 7750 1gb GDDR5, PSU 500w, OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Please help.........

Boss429

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
iGPU is disabled and i'm using a VGA connection. I just opened screen resolution>Advanced settings. Under the adapter tab, its written as-
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.
Chip type- AMD ATOMBIOS
DAC type- 8 bit
Adapter string- VGA
BIOS information- 01.00
Total Available Graphics Memory- 16 MB
Dedicated video memory- n/a
System video memory- n/a
Shared system memory- n/a

TinkerTailor

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
The adapter info you posted makes it look like the AMD Catalyst drivers aren't installed. I'd try explicitly uninstalling the AMD drivers (How-To Uninstall Pre-Existing AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System) and then re-installing the new drivers. Also, there is some possibility that the drivers from an older card, if you had one (other than the iGPU), could be causing a conflict and might need to be removed.

Boss429

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Tried uninstalling the previous drivers but it says-
" Windows cannot find C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin\InstallManagerApp.exe . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. "
After that the finish screen comes up and when i click finish it says -
" Fatal error during installation. "

Boss429

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Yes, it is so. I thought it was a MoBo issue and updated the BIOS.

TinkerTailor

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

You can also try AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility. Note: Don't use with Windows 8.