Asus radeon r9 290 possible issue for black screens

osios

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Hello! i bought asus radeon r9 290, before few days, same issues black screens...
My system:
win7 x64
asus mb p8 z68-v pro gen3
intel cpu i5-2320 3.00 ghz
g-skill ram 8g 12800
psu coolermaster g750m 80+ bronze
display drivers: the newest 14.12 omega

i tried everything i googled, i tried different drivers, i made tweaks, with no luck! Today i had an idea to try it in my tv. So my monitor is connected through dvi and my tv through hdmi, right click on desktop>screen resolution and changed multiple displays to ''duplicate these displays''(monitor and tv).
so i tried it with a game called 'state of decay' which i had black screens every second(my screen was coming back when i was hitting escape), and viola, my monitor had again the same black screens but my tv was running smoothly without even 1 black screen.Also while i was surfing on the web my monitor randomly had black screens for few secs but my tc no. So i dont know if the problem is the monitor or the dvi cable. Also i tried connect monitor through an dvi-d>hdmi adaptor to hdmi on the card again random black screens.So my question is, if it was drivers issue why my tv has no issues at all? maybe the problem is the monitor?

jake44264

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
update your graphics card bios, what cable is going from the graphics card to the mother board? Dvi or a Hdmi? if it is a Dvi try a hdmi, if its a hdmi try a dvi.

osios

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

I already sent an e-mail to asus for the vbios update.
my montitor has 2 outpouts: dvi-d and vga. I tried dvi to dvi and dvi to hdmi and i got the same issue, random black screens.

osios

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Finally....the problem was the monitors dvi output, i tested vga output and another monitor + my tv and everything is working great!